Sumo Robot Troubleshoot
Certain gear not engaging with another gear.
- Make sure that a “pinion gear” large is installed (p28)
Hands sometimes fall off when it hits something.
- This is normal – part of the whole robotic sumo wrestling game.
Not reacting to obstacles.
- Adjust variable resistor (p37)
Wires keep falling off the battery contacts.
- Make sure the wires are secured to the battery contacts by using the transparent tubes (p35)
Robot moving the opposite way.
- Make sure all wires are installed on their proper terminals (p34, p35).
- Make sure motor is installed correctly. The “flat side of D” is facing downward (p35)
G-3 and G-4 cannot fit into the gearbox/ Cannot screw them in together
- Make sure gear is in the middle of the shaft (p21)
- Adjust the gear so it doesn’t press G-8 too tightly
Left wheels stop rotating when retreating
- This is normal. The left wheels do not rotate in reverse because the clutch prevents the motor from turning the left wheels.
Left wheels rotate when retreating
- Check the engagement and installation of the gears on the left panel
- Check if the stopper (C-5) is inserted fully in the pocket (p29)
Adjusting detectable range / reversing time
- See page 39
Accidentally dropped the robot
- push batteries tightly into place
Wheels does not rotate smoothly/ stops once in a while
- Check the wheel assembly (spacer, gears, washers, and nuts)
- Tighten the lock nuts but not too tight that the gears can’t move
- Check to see if a spacer is installed.
***Note: If you need a replacement part you can order it online here, http://www.owirobot.com/pages/Parts-Order-Form.html or fill out the warranty form in the back of your manual and send it to:
Fax: (310) 515-0927